How to Apply: MetroWest COVID-19 Relief Funds
The Foundation for MetroWest manages the following emergency relief funds:
- MetroWest Emergency Relief Fund was established to enable the rapid delivery of financial resources to MetroWest-based nonprofit organizations working to serve our communities during broad-based emergencies, including natural disasters, financial crises, and public health emergencies.
- Feed Framingham COVID-19 Fund was established in partnership with the Mayor’s Office of the City of Framingham, the Framingham Health Department, and Framingham Public Schools to respond to the critical financial support nonprofit organizations need as they help ensure access to food and basic hygiene necessities for our most vulnerable residents in Framingham.
WHAT WE WILL FUND
As the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic continues to present significant challenges to our region and its residents, the Foundation is pleased to offer a re-focused COVID-19 Responsive Grant Program throughout the first half of 2021. This will continue to be a rolling, rapid response grant program providing operating grants to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations serving MetroWest.
At this time, the Foundation will continue to prioritize our most vulnerable residents, families, and youth who have been disproportionately affected by COVID-19 and are still in crisis or working towards recovering from the pandemic and its impact. A priority will be placed on organizations that serve seniors, communities of color, underserved youth, immigrants, individuals with disabilities, and other vulnerable populations.
While we understand the pandemic has been challenging for our region’s nonprofits, this grant program is not intended to respond to overall budget shortfalls or general operating needs. This is also not offered as a replacement for our annual competitive grant programs.
The types of initiatives we will consider include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Food and hygiene security
- Housing security
- Emergency, crisis-responsive mental health services
- Community safety
Grants of up to $10,000 will be provided as funds are available. We will consider providing larger grants on a case-by-case basis. Contact us at email@example.com if you seek to submit a request for more than $10,000.
Please note: If you are seeking support from the Feed Framingham COVID-19 Fund, apply using this grant program. We will utilize the fund to support eligible Framingham-focused requests as funds are available.
ELIGIBLITY & SELECTION PROCESS
Requests must come from designated 501(c)3 community-based nonprofit organizations. We cannot provide grants to:
- town agencies
- schools (public, private, chapter 766, etc.)
Requests will be reviewed every two weeks by the Foundation’s Distribution Committee and staff. A representative from the Foundation may follow up with specific questions or ask for a brief call to discuss your request. Please expect a response within 2-4 weeks.
To save or download a full set of grant guidelines, click here.
HOW TO REQUEST SUPPORT
All requests must be submitted through the Foundation’s grant system, Foundant. To complete your request:
- Log into or create your Foundant account. See a brief tutorial on how to create an account here.
- Once logged into the system, select “Apply” in the upper-left hand corner. Find and select the “MetroWest COVID Relief Grant Program” grant process.
- Complete and submit a brief request.
For questions regarding eligibility, the grant process, or tech assistance please email us.