Donor-advised funds are a tax-advantaged, convenient way to organize your philanthropy, a great solution for:
- Families looking for a way to engage multiple generations in giving
- Securing a charitable deduction when you have a taxable event
- People looking to keep their giving anonymous
- People looking for informed and trusted guidance and advice to help direct their giving
- People looking to have a greater impact in MetroWest
- People looking to create an endowed fund to support the region for generations to come
How does a donor-advised fund work?
A donor-advised fund is quick and easy to set up, with a minimum opening gift of $10,000. Once your fund is created, you can recommend distributions from your fund to nonprofit organizations. We will do the rest, carrying out your charitable wishes.
You’ll have secure online access to your fund 24/7, and you will receive quarterly statements of fund activity. And when tax time rolls around, all you need is one receipt from the Foundation for your gift to your fund.
You can add to your fund at any time and in any amount. We can accept a wide variety of gifts: cash, securities, real property—even privately-held stock or partnership interests.
What are the benefits?
- Flexibility: You can use your fund to recommend donations to the charities to which you already give, and/or we will provide information on organizations or areas of interest to assist you in choosing your grant recipients. You can secure a charitable tax deduction when you contribute to your fund, and recommend distributions to charities when you’re ready-whether that’s right away, or months after opening your fund
- Personal service from professional foundation staff
- Maximum tax benefits for your donations
- Less paperwork
- The option of anonymity or recognition for your giving
- A supportive forum for family giving
- Opportunities to connect with others
Have questions? Contact Jay Kim.